- Byword to edit text files in Dropbox. Text files are awesome!
- Anki, Duolingo, Memrise, CleverDeck for learning new words.
- 7 MWC, the seven minute workout.
- Scorekeeper XL: for tracking board game scores.
- Mindfulness Bell: I use the quiet bell to remind me every hour to take a small break. (the phone vibrates in my pocket)
- Sleep Cycle: to analyze sleep and snoring
- Echofon for reading twitter.
- Amazon Audible for audiobooks. It also plays the iTunes audio books.
Capture all of your Mac’s audio, for free. Download
Open Broadcaster Software
Record and broadcast for free. Download
Convert your mp3 audiobooks into a iTunes friendly format. Audiobook Binder
Send to Kindle
Amazons provides browser plugins which allows you to send the current web page to your Kindle. Download
Downloads websites from the Internet. Download
Nice app to shrink or compress JPG/PNG. Download
I use Evernote to backup good articles and websites. Too often I had to find out that my bookmarks died because the original site disappeared.
I use iStat Menu to keep an overview of the network traffic and the CPU usage.
- uBlock Origin
- Bonjour Browser
- Handbrake and Handbrake Batch for video converting
- The Unarchiver
Notational Velocity - simple note editor GitX - old but the best Git client
- Fork - Git client
- DaisyDisk - analyze disk usage
- USB Overdrive - bind keys to anything you want
- Developer Color Picker
- Postman - debug REST APIs
- MacDown - Markdown editor for macOS
I use windows for some task where there are no macOS tools.
I use Acronis for Windows backups. They also include a very powerful disk management tool which you can burn onto a DVD, which I used to clone disks.
This was the only tool capable of copying of migrating my big partition from a harddrive to SSD.