I prefer the recipe of Lukas Zahradnik 2015 World AeroPress Champion. It uses the much cleaner invert method and no extra equipment.
- Inverted Brew Method
- 20 grams of coffee ground at the “7.3” setting on a Mahlkönig EK34 grinder
- Heat 230g water to 79 Celsius
- Add 60 grams of water
- Turbulent wiggle 15 seconds
- 30 second bloom
- Add the rest of the water (170g) in 10 seconds
- 45 seconds press
- 1:37 minute total brew time
I had iced coffee that was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.
Brew coffee hot, then chill the coffee instantly by pressing it right onto ice, this will capture all of the flavor. source
I use paper filters, I tried metal but it didn’t work. To grind my beans I use a Graef CM 80, easy to clean and low priced compared to other grinders.
- Don’t heat above 90° C.
- Always take your time to press it.
- Don’t press it all the way down, stop at the end.
- Bloom: degassing the CO2 from the coffee.