With this you can implement your own update mechanism that grabs the newest version from GitHub. Don’t forget security. Use HTTPS, sign the binary and verify both during runtime.
Sparkle for GitHub
I implemented such update mechanism for OS X apps, Sparkle-for-Github.
- Increase Version from 1.0 to 1.1 (Semantic Versioning)
- Build new binary, sign it and zip it
- Commit all changes to master
- Push master to GitHub
- Create new Release on GitHub with the version v1.1
- Attach the binary and publish release